Monday, May 22, 2017

Week 7 Forum

TOPIC 1: SHOOTING SPORTS -- Our guest speaker Scobel Wiggins offered a variety of suggestions for shooting action and sports.

  1. Write in detail about TWO TIPS that stood out in Scobel's talk.
  2. For each tip describe how you can use that suggestion for your own sports/action assignment.
1. To capture the ball (or disc) in your sports photos, plan ahead, and be aiming on the spot you planned for in advance.
When I go to shoot the action photos for my assignment, I will definitely keep this in mind, if I shoot a skateboarder, I will be ready for with the frame that my subject is about to enter.

2. Be cautious, kind, and very respectful of other photographers/onlookers.
If there happen to be spectators or even other skaters at the park when I go to shoot, and I will have to navigate in a respectful way, to avoid being a distraction or annoyance to the subject as well as any other people.

TOPIC 2: ACTION/SPORTS PHOTOS -- Now that you've got some tips on how to shoot action ...
  1. WHAT is your Sports/Action subject?
  2. A skateboarder/BMX biker or something related.
  3. WHEN and WHERE are you going to shoot it?
  4. Hopefully this week, and, at my skate park.
  5. Scobel talked about her approach to shooting sports/action. Your approach must include an "overall,” "medium” and a "closeup/detail” shot. While one of these can be a “sideline” shot, you must have at least one good ACTION PHOTO. List your ideas for:

Close up: Low angle of someone dropping in to the halfpipe.

Overall: Wide angle overhead of the whole park

Medium Side angle shot of someone kickflipping/ollie

No comments:

Post a Comment